Contracting Authority: State Enterprise National Railway Infrastructure Company
Plovdiv-Burgas railway line is a priority line in the national railway system and its rehabilitation will contribute to improving the quality of services and reducing transport costs. The higher speed and better quality of services will help increase the competitiveness of rail compared to other modes of transport.
The contract involves carrying out conformity assessment, contract coordination and construction supervision for the following lots/contracts:
- Design and construction of signalling and telecommunication systems along Plovdiv-Burgas railway line – construction works for: signalling in 18 stations; ETCS, level 1 train control system; integrated dispatching system in Manole-Burgas section; GSM-R train communication system; laying of fibre optic cable;
- Construction of overpasses/underpasses for Plovdiv-Burgas railway line in place of existing level crossings – removal of level crossings and construction of overpasses;
- Construction of a protective forest belt in Chernograd-Aytos open track section to protect the railway track from adverse weather conditions;
- Rehabilitation of Skutare-Orizovo railway section -renewal of the railway track, reconstruction of bridges, renewal of the existing catenary and signalling in stations;
- Modernisation of Orizovo – Mihailovo railway section – renewal and construction of railway track and catenary, reconstruction of bridges, construction of a tunnel, modernisation of Chirpan traction substation, removal of level crossings, construction of overpasses and renewal of signalling in stations;
- Modernisation of Yambol – Zimnitsa railway section, at Zavoy station – construction of railway track including at Zavoy station, construction of bridges, renewal and construction of new catenary;
- Reconstruction of the switch layout at Zimnitsa station;
- Rehabilitation of the catenary at Zimnitsa and Straldzha stations – renewal of the railway track, reconstruction of the track layout at Zimnitsa station, renewal of the catenary at Zimnitsa and Straldzha stations, renewal of signalling at Zimnitsa station;
- Rehabilitation of Straldzha – Tserkovski railway section – renewal of railway track.
The main objective of the project is to achieve the characteristics of the railway infrastructure in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1315/2013 on the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T), as well as the demand of transport service users for efficient transport. The project will also improve the quality of Plovdiv-Burgas railway line and will attract greater traffic to rail transport.